Do you have questions about how the new 30 day exemption from ID check requirements works? Telstra has provided a new handout explaining:
- what the 30 day ID exemption is
- the conditions that apply
- how to activate a Safe Connections phone without ID and the information that must be provided
- what customers can expect after a service is activated using the 30 day ID exemption
- why the exemption is not intended to be used when customers do not want to provide ID.
Several workers in the Safe Connections program have already helped women who do not have access to ID, successfully activate a Safe Connections phone under the new arrangements.
If you are giving a Safe Connections phone to a woman who does not have ID, activate the service using the 30 day ID exemption by calling the Telstra Safe Connections team on 1800 531 903, Monday – Friday, 8am – 6pm.
Read full details in Telstra’s new handout.
The Safety Net Team
p: 1800WESNET (1800 937 638)